A Sustainable Journey - The Film
“A Sustainable Journey” has been produced by EUROPARC Federation in the framework of the CEETO project in order to inspire and inform to travellers and local communities on the concept of Sustainable Tourism.
Produced by EUROPARC Federation in the framework of CEETO project, this film portrays the the story of a traveller seeking to escape the pressures of everyday life to a different kind of tourism that he believes will be good for nature and good for him too. The objective of the film is to raise awarenes among travellers and local communities on the importance of sustainable tourism.
International Awards and Recognitions
Since its premiere, the film has been awarded in four International Film Festivals focused on Sustainable Tourism and was awarded in three of them:
- 1st place - "TERRES DE L´EBRE- Best Movie Promoting Sustainability" in the Terres Travel Festival – Films & Creativity, Spain;
- 1st place in the Documentary section, “Sustainable and Responsible Tourism” at the Amorgos Tourism Film Festival, Greece;
- 1st place in the category “Environment and Ecology” at the ART&TUR Film Festival, Portugal;
- 2nd place in the category “Short Docs (up to 30’)” at the ART&TUR Film Festival, Portugal;
- 1st price in the category "Sustainable and Responsible Tourism Category" at the ITTF Africa 2019.
Film synopsis and production
During the film, the traveller explores different aspect of the area on foot and bicycle, experiences heritage and culture, natural places - wild and less wild, and local villages shopping and partaking in local food and drink. Realising that he, through his choices can affect the local environment, culture and economy. He sees too that as a guest to this protected areas, that is too a place where people live and work, that they too respect and look after their special place. He finds that sustainable tourism is good for him and good for nature too and invites others to make a similar holiday choice.
For the production of this movie, sustainable industries and local producers certified with the European Charter for Sustainable Tourism were meticulously selected and recorded in order to lead with the example for future sustainable destinations.
The film premiere was released on the European Parliament on November 29th 2018. You can see the movie and download a copy of the Promotional Material adapted for web distribution in 5 different languages (English, German, Italian, French and Spanish) below:
Watch the film
Download Web Promotional Material in English|